map-marker Farmington, Utah

Worst bank ever

I've been a customer for over 17 years, and it is really hard to do simple tasks with this bank, like changing your phone number; it's not allowed on the app. You have to send really sensitive documents via mail, like your SSN and driver's license, just to update your number.

Also, your rewards are never accessible... They make it really hard for you to earn $1 after spending $3k. Just stick to other banks with greater cash back. I don't recommend this bank at all.

They make you pay and hold you responsible for charges you didn't even authorize when someone steals your card. If I were you, I'd stay away from this private bank; it's not worth your time or money. I'm on my way to report this to the Better Business Bureau. It is a waste of time dealing with them since they don't even credit your account when bad things happen to you.

They make you responsible for fraud and suspicious activity and want you to deal with the merchant yourself when it's supposed to be their job. Useless customer service. I have never had a problem with other banks and I have a perfect 800 credit score. Even to cancel your account, they make it really hard.

This is my first time ever complaining about a bank, and it is because this card and bank don't do what they promise.

No rewards allowed and no help with a stolen card. YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR CHARGES YOU DID NOT AUTHORIZE

User's recommendation: stay away from this bank

Guest

| map-marker Rehoboth Beach, Delaware

Broken Promises

Barclays Bank Delaware - Broken Promises
Barclays Bank Delaware - Broken Promises - Image 2

We applied for the Holland America Credit Card because we cruise with Holland and they are offering a 20,000 point bonus with requirements! We BOTH applied but one of us got the 20,000 points but the other got 10,000!

We filed a complaint and heard nothing so we called and was told "too bad"! We wrote to the company and said either provide the other 10,000 point or we will close the account.

Just paid off the account and will be closing the card!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Liars and cheats

Preferred solution: Close the account!

User's recommendation: Know what you are being promised and be sure to get it!

map-marker Annandale, Virginia

My bank transfer of $2400 held in limbo for 3 weeks now. Barclays has not resolved this issue and no effort made to explain why the transfer was not plied. It has been confirmed by my bank in writing.

Truist Bank confirmed transfer of $2400 in writing on 9/29/2022. This was to be applied to a Banana Republic MasterCard (Barclays).

It was not. After 21 days, Banana does not even show it as pending.

I now have no use of the account the $2400 was transferred from because the account immediately billed me the $2400 transfer as well as$70 transfer fee. I am also still getting automatic ayments deducted by Banana Barclays plus interest.

User's recommendation: Contact: Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

map-marker Hicksville, New York

Poor customer service and no customer protection

One travel a known sham travel agency charged 4,00.00 dollars on my Barclay master card. I immediately notified Barclay under fraud, and I was told they made a so-called investigation, but they had no facts.

I made a better investigation from my computer than their so-called investigators that are now charging me 4,00.00 dollars plus interest for an unauthorized charge for a flight I did not have any knowledge of until I reviewed my statement.

Barclay could not even get the right merchant on the statement it took my investigation to tell them that an online merchant charged the credit card and not the airline. Terrible service over all and be needs weary of charges you are not protected with Barclay.

User's recommendation: Find another bank for your credit card needs Barclay does not protect the consumer

Harold C Yds
map-marker Ashburn, Virginia

Credit card info compliant

Why when you have given all info (SS#) and have a 823 credit score,19+ years at the same address,have bills paid by my bank in full each month,have 0 mortage, a US passport, and a currant TSA#,do you have to send a front and back copy of a drivers license and SS card. If the info fell into the wrong hands it could cause me serious problems! My wife applied for a card in April and did not have to provide this additional info..

Preferred solution: Apology

Liam W Gsz

| map-marker Henderson, Nevada

Not a happy card operating banker

Updated by user Apr 21, 2022

The BARCLAY BANK has acknowledged documents received. It has not credited nor earmarked on statement that such investigation started So its complete lapse in professional communication and bank activity remains the absolute armpit of the industry, word out.

It stanks like disease and nothing, not even a bubbly bath, can exorcise the demons within it. Garonteeed.

Original review Mar 22, 2022
This company is insidious in a word. It refused to manage its website to end of excluding me from messages.

Then, it routinely disconnected my calls after hours of hold. It trains its staff to apologize while towing a no-can-do attitude. Call this number, or write here, they chime, just do not expect anyone here to become accountable. [We are all about he-said she-said at your expense.] No replies.

After sending it faxes confirmed received by sender-software, I emailed its UK branches. They politely parroted same strategy. Keep calling (wasting your time) or mailing (wasting postage money).

Ultimately, it has no compunction doing this as no one will come out of its closet and "own" its modus operandi, so all thumbs down here. Absolutely should NOT be licensed AVOID at all costs for business in US or anywhere, personal opinion.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Any other card is better
Cons:
  • Poor customer service
  • Customer service

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: AVOID

Christine F Pof
map-marker Natchez, Mississippi

Very dissatisfied with this credit card. If was used for down payment on a time sharing that turn out to be fraudulent.

Once I began doubling my payments or including the interest amount in my payments. The interest went up.

My interest rate is $54.00 a month higher than any credit card have.

Never late, make double payments, still being penalized with the interest going up anytime Barclays wants. The worst is I never used the car.

Pros:
  • Cancel card

Preferred solution: Reasonable interest rate to avoid being penalized for trying to pay the card off.

User's recommendation: Avoid getting this card. It's the worst ever. I'm not pissed, I very disappointed.

MICHAEL G Zot

Terrible Customer service

I received an offer to convert my Red aviator card to a Sliver Card Back in August. So I applied on line.

A day later I had some questions, so I called customer service. She told me I was approved and I would be receiving the new Silver card in 7-10 days. I asked her if I would be receiving a new card number or would it be a different number. She told me the card numbers would be the same.

I did not receive the card in 15 days, so I called back. I was then told that the other customer service lady was wrong and I would be receiving the new silver card before Sept 22nd. I asked again if the card numbers would be the same or a different number. He told me the other customer service agent was wrong and the numbers would be different.

Well September 22nd came and 3 days later I received a card in the mail, but it was a Red aviator card not The Silver card. I called Customer service again and the man told me that the Red card was generated by mistake and the new Silver card was mailed out 2 days ago. He also said I should get it in 5-8 business days because it was send out 2 days ago. I also asked him if it would be a new number or would they be the same.

He told me the last person I talked with was wrong and it would be the same number. Well 8 business days passed and no card. So I called customer service again. I was told to be patience it would arrive soon.

I also asked her if the number would be the same or it would be different. She told me that the last person I talked with was wrong and the numbers would be different. Since I have been told contradictory things, I decided to press on, I asked the lady what were the new numbers? Finally she looked into the account to discover the account had never been upgraded to silver card.

She told me I had canceled that request. Which, I did not cancel it. Why did it take numerous phone calls and almost 1 month and a half to find out that the account was never upgraded?

I asked to speak with a supervisor.

I was then told that she would need to file a report of my situation and it will take 30 days for them to contact me.

The people they have working in customer service are very hard to understand and are under trained or they just give you quick answers to get you off the phone. This is a poorly run company and you should avoid it at all costs.

Pros:
  • Good benefits
Cons:
  • Terrible customer service
  • Poor customer service
  • Investigation process is unreasonably long

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: Do not get this card.

Kim E Vpk

Fraudulent Charge

Original review Aug 14, 2021

i canceled a hotel reservation at Econo Lodge in Norwalk OH 8 weeks before reservation date. I still was charged.

Spent over 2 weeks talking to Priceline, BarclayUS Cards, EconoLodge Hotel Manager, Choice Hotels and found out another party Agoda, the website this hotel uses. None of them were willing to get this charge removed. I provided the cancellation number I received from the Hotel directly, but he claimed I was a 'NO SHOW" and cancellation was not in the system. BUT Choice Hotels seen it in their system.

They all said to contact the others (mentioned here). None will back up the customer card holder. They put you on hold, never answer, disconnect. Then when you do get someone, you have to start all over with the issue.

Priceline says because the hotel was a partner and the hotel was not willing to credit this back.

They have allowed this to happen and says they could not do anything about it. With all the proof, you still get screwed over by Priceline/Barclayuscard services.

User's recommendation: Do Not use Barclayuscard

william h Rzn

Terrible customer service

Called to dispute a charge of $ 42.00. Customer service rep.

kept me on the phone for a good half hour. He did NOT want to file this dispute. Company policy, I'm sure. Asked if I had proof of purchase.

WHAT? I told him the credit card statement was proof of purchase! Then was told that the, " back office, " was really hard to deal with, and there were new rules, etc.

etc. etc!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Customer service

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do NOT get this credit card.

Charles E Axl

No to Easy Pay Transactions

I unluckily agreed to their marketing material for Easy Pay Enrolled Transactions. I found out after I signed up, there isn't an Easy Way to pay off those transactions early.

There are only 2 options: 1. Cancel the card; 2.

Stop using the card. Even if you pay your statement balance, that will not pay off the Easy Pay Enrolled Transactions.

Pros:
  • Any other card is better
  • Any other credit card has better service
Cons:
  • Terrible service

Preferred solution: Policy Change

map-marker Ramona, California

No promotions no help on customer service

paid off 5k balance had a 0 balance they called me up and told me I had to use the card or lose it. I used it for about 2 months 400$ worth of items no big deal called them for any promotions like balance transfers or lower interest rates.

just to see nothing they dont care. I paid on time never late they do not care.

so Im paying it off and giving my card back. to many other deals out there and better service.

User's recommendation: do not use card

Phil L Xye

| map-marker New Berlin, Wisconsin

Terrible Service, Lousy Card benefits

Refused to fix unauthorized charges and placed in illegitimate $10 cash advance fee on my account. I NEVER take out cash advances, not one time on any of my 12 credit cards I've had over the past 25 years.

They refused to credit it even thought I spent a lot of money and pay off balance every month. I've been a customer for several years, and the benefits of the card have been deteriorating annually.

The final straw was when they refused to remove a $10 fee and customer service lied to me on the online chat about it. They chose $10 over the probably thousands of dollars they've made on my card over the past 8+ years.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Avoid Barclay. The customer service is terrible, they are dishonest and rude, and they consistenly remove any good benefits from their cards annually.

map-marker Beaverton, Oregon

They hold mailed payments until 7-10 days and won't process them sooner

I mailed them a payoff check on 2/25/21 that I got by refinancing my house. I sent it certified mail so that I could track when it got there.

It was delivered to their mailbox on 3/3/21.

I waited until 3/5/21 before calling them. It still hadn't been picked up.

I asked the 1st person and a supervisor if they would please pick up the check and process it before my due date of 3/8/21. They both quoted me that their mailed payment process takes 7-10 business days and it wouldn't be processed until 3/11/21. They said they wouldn't refund or do anything about the late fee that would be incurred, even though the payoff was sitting in their mailbox for 2 days already and would be there for 5 business days before they processed it.

I had to make an extra payment online and now I will have a couple extra hundred dollars paid on my account when they process the check.

I'll have to find out how to get that money back. I will be closing my account as soon as I can.

User's recommendation: Don't get their credit card.

Konstantin S Zmv

Verified Reviewer

I was charged after i closed my account

The card had terrible service and i closed my account with them bringing it to zero. After i closed my account this card charged me with $10 autopayment.

I found this three months later, by that time they added $50 late fees and changes. My numerous attempts to resolve this case by phone and in writing were useless. Service was not improved. They insisted that i have to pay all the charges they produced.

I insisted that because of their fault it will be more than fair that i pay only $10. The case is not resolved and they maliciously destroyed my perfect credit history and continue to harass me by mail and emails.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Any other card is better
Cons:
  • Terrible service

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Avoid this card by any means

Dean C Hdw

Late fee snowballs

I paid off my Barclays credit card three months ago.. When my next billing was a $29.

late fee I called and said my check should have been in their hands on time, so she forgave the late fee. For 3 cycles since then, I spend an hour on the phone asking why the late fee is still there, plus $1.20 per month interest, and they say its all taken care of. I give names and # of the employee. In the latest round, the gentleman in India hung up on me when I asked to speak to a supervisor.

He did not call back, so I tried to log in on computer, and was locked out.

A handwritten letter will now request to close the account. SHAMELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Check statements carefully.

Dean C Hdw

After 3 months of trying, dispue was resolved. I no longer use card.

About

Summary

Barclaycard US is a provider of financial services. The company was founded in 2004. Its headquarters is based in Wilmington, Delaware, USA. Barclaycard US is a subsidiary of Barclays PLC. It offers American Express, Visa, and MasterCard versions. The company partners with more than 40 financial, educational, and entertainment institutions ensuring cards that fit customer’s life. The company provides the free Barclaycard application for Android and iOS. To use the application it is necessary to have a credit card in the United States and have internet access. It allows tracking spendings, viewing balance, transferring a balance, and paying bills. Barclaycard US donates volunteer time to environmental initiatives.

Barclays Bank Delaware reviews and complaints

Barclays Bank Delaware is ranked 369 out of 1478 in Banks category

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article